A Guide To Booking Your Bespoke Photography Session
Deciding which photographer is right for you can be a difficult decision to make so it’s always recommended to look at each photographer’s portfolio prior to booking to ensure they are the right choice for you. There are other things to take into account too such as the distance you might have to travel to the studio and the price of sessions and products. If you have taken all this into account and have decided that you’d like Flowtography to help in capturing your forever memories then please read on to find out how to book your session.
- Decide on a session type and date: Decide which session type best suits your needs. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact me with any queries you might have. It’s always advisable to view the full product pricing guide prior to booking your session. Once you’ve selected your session; please get in touch so we can book your session date. If you’re booking a newborn session then the session date will be pencilled in for your due date. We all know how easily this date can change so I also reserve a two week window around your due date to ensure you will be guaranteed a session date within the ideal time frame – 14 days of your baby being born. The session fee is payable at the time of booking to secure your date.
- Pre-session consultation: We can discuss your session at length either in person, on the phone or by e-mail to start creating your own bespoke session plan to match your personal style. We will discuss things such as if there is any specific colour scheme you may want your session to follow or any particular props your would like to incorporate. I will explain all details about your session including how the session is run, including what to bring with you, tips on what to wear, how long the session will last, any desired poses or set up’s you’d like, down to the location of my home studio and even where to park!
- Session reminder: A few days prior to your booked date I will be in contact to confirm the details of your session. If you have booked a newborn session please drop me a quick e-mail, text or call just to let me know that your baby has arrived so that we can confirm your exact session date.
- Enjoy your session: Arrive at my home studio and enjoy having your forever memories captured for you to cherish. Typically a portrait session lasts approximately 1-2 hours. A newborn session lasts around 3-4 hours to allow time for feeding and soothing. I understand that the studio environment can feel a little strange at first so I always allow time for everyone to adjust to the studio. I only book one session per day so there is never a precise time limit per session; I don’t believe in clock watching, it’s important to me to ensure you have the most precious images to treasure so I can guarantee that you will never feel rushed or pressurised during your session. It doesn’t matter if the session over-runs; as long as you enjoy yourself and walk away feeling excited about seeing your images. I have numerous products on display in the studio so you can start to get an idea of how you would like to display the images from your session in your own home.
- Return for your bespoke viewing and ordering session: Approximately 2 weeks after your session, your images will be ready for you to view. It’s advisable to consider where you would like to display your images prior to attending your viewing and ordering session so that you have a rough idea on what products and what sizes you would like. During your viewing and ordering session you will see your images for the first time; each session will have approximately 30-50 final images*. Each image will be fully edited to an high professional standard; they will first be displayed on a large screen as a slideshow. Once the slideshow has finished you will be able to look through printed proofs of all your images to decide which are your favourites. All available products will also be on display for you to look at and handle. I will be there to assist with suggesting colour schemes, collage lay-outs, album designs, sizing and any other queries you may have. All orders are to be place and paid for in full at your viewing and ordering session. Due to the nature of custom products, no order can be placed until full payment is received. Please refer to my terms and conditions for full details.
- Receive your order: Your products will be ready for you in approximately 3-4 weeks time (delivery time varies depending on the product ordered). You can either come to collect your products or I will happily deliver them to you if it’s more convenient.
- Enjoy your products! Cherish your custom portraiture products forever and show them off to all your friends and family!
- Keep in touch: I always love to hear back from existing clients. As a thank you for your loyalty, I offer each client a £30 credit to use on any future session product order. Perfect for if you decide to return to capture even more forever memories!
If at any point you have a question or query about your session then please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Finally, thank you for choosing Flowtography to capture your forever memories.
* Final number of edited images varies from session to session and is not guaranteed.