Newborn Photography Session – Information
Your little bundle of joy has finally arrived; before you know it they’ll be walking and talking and you’ll wonder how the time flew by so quickly. The art of newborn photography is being able to capture some of your baby’s precious first moments; from their delicate little fingernails, to their curly eyelashes to their gorgeous baby rolls. To be able to capture the true essence of your baby’s natural beauty it’s best for your session to be held when your little one is aged between 5 to 14 days old. This is the perfect age as your baby will still have that beautiful newborn baby curl. When your baby passes this age they start going through growth spurts which means they may not sleep as soundly and are much more alert. However don’t despair if your baby is older than 14 days; I have photographed babies up to nine weeks of age. Just because your baby is older, we can still capture those beautiful baby features. The older your baby is then some of the classic newborn images may not be possible as your baby may not be as curly or manoeuvrable as a younger baby and may not want to sleep quite so deeply. Sometimes I may recommend postponing a session till your baby is older in order to capture the best possible memories for you. If your baby is older than 14 days, please contact me prior to booking so we can discuss which session style would best suit you and your baby.
Newborn photography sessions take longer than ordinary portrait sessions. This is because I always allow time for your baby to adjust to the studio environment. I allow extra time for settling, soothing and feeding your baby to ensure they are always comfortable and content. I work to you and your baby’s pace; all babies are different and some take longer to settle than others. This is one of the main reasons why I only book one session per day; if getting those perfect images means taking a little extra time to feed your baby, or even let then have a nap then that’s not a problem at all. It will give us the chance to have a lovely chat and a cup of tea then resume when your baby is ready. You shouldn’t have to worry about the time; we can take as long as needed so you can just sit back, relax and enjoy watching me capture your forever memories.
Session Fee: £125
Session Duration: 3-5 hours
Best Age: 6-14 days new
Best Time To Book: After your 20 week scan
Each bespoke session will include the following::
• A detailed welcome pack giving you hints and tips about getting the most out of your session.
• One to two-hour photographic session in Flowtography’s home studio (on location sessions available upon request).
• The use of various props and accessories if desired. Please bring along any accessories or items you’d like to include in your session as these add a lovely personal touch to your images.
• Between 25 to 40 professionally edited images presented for your selection.*
• A bespoke personal viewing and ordering appointment at the studio where you can select and custom design your artwork as well as receive product advice and display guidance.
• After your viewing and ordering appointment your images can be hosted in a private, password protected online gallery to share with your friends and family.
• A complimentary 8” x 6” mounted print (worth £25).
*The total number of image images produced varies from session to session and cannot be guaranteed.
*Please note that this session price does not include digital files, prints or presentation products other than your complimentary 8” x 6” print. Artwork may be purchased additionally and designed to your specific requirements. I offer a variety of carefully selected professional quality products for both wall and desktop display with prices starting from £45.