Cake Smash Photography
Cake Smash Photography Session – Information
This session is the perfect way to celebrate your little ones first birthday of it can just be a great way to have lots of fun, eat yummy cake and get some lovely images to cherish, all at the same time! The ideal age to have a cake smash session is when your child is aged between 1 to 18 months old. People often wonder what is actually involved in this type of session but essentially it’s exactly as it sounds… your little one gets to have a gorgeous giant cake to smash to pieces! I provide a tasty giant cupcake (or you can bring your own if you prefer) for your little one to enjoy eating, playing with and smashing up! Things can get rather messy but that’s half the fun of this session.
There are three stages to the cake smash session:
Stage 1. Portrait Session – This is the perfect opportunity to be able to capture images of your family together before the mess and cake destruction starts! There will be a combination of portrait images of you little one on their own as well as ones with parents and siblings. Feel free to bring an additional change of clothes for your little one to wear so you don’t have to worry about their best outfit being covered in cake.
Stage 2. The Cake Smash – This is where the fun and messiness begins! This is when your child see’s the giant cake for the first time and can enjoy eating, playing and pulling it to pieces. Some children might not be too sure about what to do with the cake but usually after a little help from mum or dad then they happily start smashing away!
Stage 3. Splash Time – After the cake smash your little one can have a wash in a gorgeous vintage metal tub. There will be bubbles galore and this never fails to bring a smile to a child’s face which in turn provides gorgeous photos. At the end of the session you can take your tired but clean child home with not a splodge of cake in sight!
Before your session date I will send you a little information pack which includes a bit more information on the session such as what to bring and what’s ideal for your child to wear. You will also receive a simple questionnaire just to get a bit more information about you and your little ones and to check if there are any dietary requirements I should be aware of and also to discuss if there’s any specific things you would like to include in your session such as following a particular colour scheme.
Session Fee: Starts From £125 (Includes bespoke cake)
Session Duration: 1-2 hours
Each bespoke session will include the following::
• A detailed welcome pack giving you hints and tips about getting the most out of your session.
• One to two-hour photographic session in Flowtography’s home studio (on location sessions available upon request).
• The use of various props and accessories if desired. Please bring along any accessories or items you’d like to include in your session as these add a lovely personal touch to your images.
• Between 25 to 40 professionally edited images presented for your selection.*
• A bespoke personal viewing and ordering appointment at the studio where you can select and custom design your artwork as well as receive product advice and display guidance.
• After your viewing and ordering appointment your images can be hosted in a private, password protected online gallery to share with your friends and family.
• A complimentary 8” x 6” mounted print (worth £25).
*The total number of image images produced varies from session to session and cannot be guaranteed.
*Please note that this session price does not include digital files, prints or presentation products other than your complimentary 8” x 6” print. Artwork may be purchased additionally and designed to your specific requirements. I offer a variety of carefully selected professional quality products for both wall and desktop display with prices starting from £45.